rss

Jewelry, Women's Favorite!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Jewellery For the Theatre, Darling

Hi guys, I work in the costume department of a famous West End Theatre. I absolutely love my job; I basically get to go shopping, a lot. Jealous? No, seriously it is a lot of fun, I get 'into character' and I go shopping 'for myself', so for example right now we are doing a play about a kooky primary school teacher who cannot find the right guy, so I pretend I am she and I go shopping in Camden Market looking for 'kooky' outfits.

To be honest finding the outfits is pretty easy, there are so many clothes shops and markets and second hand stores out there that I don't really have to go too far nor try too hard. The hard (if you could call it that) bit of my job is accessorising. And it is probably the most important part of my job too. A locket around a girl's neck creates so much more mystery than beads, but beads says that the girls is more free-spirited and hippy-ish. Costume jewellery and fashion jewellery says so, so much about my characters and these seemingly small choices pile up into the image we have in our heads.

I very, very rarely buy clothes for my characters online, but I often buy fashion jewellery online, it is so much easier than traipsing through markets and around the city. For the character I was telling you about, the kooky primary school teacher, I have been using a lot of Lola Rose Jewellery. Lola Rose has come to prominence in the last few years because of celebrities like Danni Minogue and Kate Middleton, but Lola Rose has been in my accessories box before celebrities like that had even heard of it.

Lola Rose make these beautiful, chunky, colourful fashion rings, necklaces and bracelets out of semi-precious stones. It is ideal for the modern 'kooky' look that I need at the minute. You see A LOT of imitation Lola Rose on the High Street, but holding an imitation and holding a Lola Rose, you can immediately tell the difference in quality and finishing. So any one interested in costume jewellery bracelets, fashion rings or costume jewellery necklaces - you have to try Lola Rose.

Conclusion

Lola Rose has made my job - accessorising, a lot easier than it should be. Lola Rose is becoming increasingly popular and with that popularity comes ever more imitations - it really annoys me, so I just want people to be aware of the difference between the real thing and the fake!

0 comments: